Here is a list of the most frequently asked questions I have received. I hope this helps clarify any questions you may have and if you have any further questions please feel free to contact me anytime! 🙂
- How do you create your paintings & sketches?
- What is digital painting and how is it different from traditional painting?
- Do I receive the original?
- How do I pay you?
- I LOVE your artwork! How can I help spread the word about you?
How do you create your paintings & sketches?
I create all artwork by hand using a digital pen and palette. The best way to answer this question would be to view this video and watch how I create my paintings and sketches:
What is digital painting and how is it different from traditional painting?
Digital painting is a new wave of creating artwork because it’s much faster to produce – you no longer have to wait for oil paint to dry 🙂 . The only difference are the tools used, but everything is still created by hand. There is a misconception that digital means ‘photoshopping’. This isn’t the case with how I create my artwork digitally. Instead of a physical paper or canvas, I use a digital “paper” and “canvas” and instead of using the physical mediums like graphite, pastel, oil paint, or acrylic paint, I use digital “oil paint” or a digital “graphite pencil” or “pastels”. The results look almost identical.
Do I receive the original?
Since I create my artwork digitally, there isn’t a traditional ‘original’. All artwork is printed through a professional printing lab. Finished portrait paintings and sketches are printed on Kodak E-Surface Paper set on hard matboard for safe framing and added protection of the print. Kodak states that with this paper don’t worry about prints fading. The standard archival value is 100 years in home display and 200 years in dark storage. I also can print on mounted canvas or wrapped canvas, upon request.
How do I pay you?
For commissioned paintings/sketches I accept payments in cash (if you’re local), a check or by PayPal. I do require half of the total payment up front (non-refundable as it helps pay towards my time), and once the final artwork is approved, the final payment is due before I ship the artwork to you. If you have any questions or concerns on this, feel free to contact me anytime. 🙂
I LOVE your artwork! How can I help spread the word about you?
Thank you SO MUCH for your support of my artwork! I absolutely love what I do, and it is so important to me to fulfill my mission as an artist to bring comfort and joy through my art. ♥ Your help in supporting my mission and career as an artist means so much. Below are action steps in how to help me, I appreciate your help!
- Tell your friends about me! If you know of any loved ones or friends that might find comfort through visual art, send them my way. 🙂
- If you have commissioned any artwork from me, and you don’t mind sharing your testimonial of the story behind the commission, this would be a great help for me in reaching others who could relate to your story and receive the same visual comfort through artwork. See examples here…
Thank you!!!! ♥